Developing Your Creative Thinking Skills
Join our intensive “think tank” session where you’ll
- Learn creative ways to deal with team issues
- Release creative talents now overlooked in your team
- Develop new and effective patterns of thinking
- Practice new techniques for solving complex problems
You begin this fascinating Learning Lab by discovering how to develop the creative talents you have … including the talents you’ve probably ignored in the past but which could help you in your job.
Then, you’ll immerse yourself in a powerful “roll-up-your-sleeves” clinic where you learn to approach your job – and your personal life – in a more positive, creative way.
Today’s critical need for thinking creatively
- The key role creativity plays in solving problems
- Things they never taught you in school.
- Creativity killers we find all around us
- What research says about creative talents
- Can an entire organization be creative?
Developing your natural creative talents
- Why didn’t I think of that?
- The burden of outdated and incorrect assumptions
- How to discover and guide your natural creative talents
- Competencies that enable greater creativity
- Applying the “What if” principle
- Identifying and stopping negative thinking patterns that hold you back
The creative process
- Beyond the obvious – the knack for looking at things differently
- How to get the light bulb to turn on
- Breaking out of your mental grooves
- Start your day with these brain stretchers
- Curiosity – the starting point for creative thinking
- Identifying work-related opportunities for your creativity
- Framing the creative problem and bringing it into focus
- Developing fluency and flexibility in generating new ideas
- Beyond brainstorming: techniques for developing your creative ideas and talents
- Are you ready to take the risk of your idea?
- When to work hard … and when to play … with a new idea
- Stepping away from your creative idea for greater insight
- How persistence is often the difference between success and failure
- Nurturing your idea to success
Taking action on your idea: from imagination … to innovation … to implementation
- Creativity and it’s role in innovation
- The challenge of keeping a good idea alive
- What to do when others resist your creative ideas
- Expanding your ability to develop breakthrough ideas
- Applying critical thinking to evaluate your creative ideas
Building organizational support for your creative idea
- How organizational culture and management style affect creativity
- Moving from imagination and aspiration to innovation and implementation
- Key factors in nurturing your creative idea to successful implementation
Take away: Get started on developing a work-related idea using our Creative Thinking Toolkit and Action Plan, complete with workshop exercises, helpful hints, worksheets and more.