Creative Marketing and Outreach Approaches
The Role of Marketing in the Workforce Development Organization
- The Marketing Concept: A customer-driven approach.
- What you should know about your E & T customers.
- Why marketing adds value to your products and services.
- What are you doing of value and what is it worth to your market?
- Segmenting and positioning in a competitive environment.
Factors Involved in Successful Marketing
- Putting your Marketing Mix together.
- Product features, advantages and benefits.
- Where are you in your product life cycle?
- Why price and value are different.
- Pricing strategies.
- How to effectively get your product or service to your market.
- Managing the five elements of promotion to your advantage.
How to Plan and Develop a Successful Marketing Program
- Should Marketing be done by your own staff or by outside agencies?
- The first step in planning is the most important one.
- Steps for preparing your own Marketing Plan.
- How to find and use market research information.
- Discover how good your organization is with a Market Audit.
- Setting appropriate marketing objectives.
- What to include in your advertising and promotional plan.
- Can you get large-dollar results with low-dollar budgets.
- Putting your market offer together.
Managing the Personal Selling Function
- Ways in which Job Developers are salespeople.
- The salesperson as a customer-driven problem solver.
- How to manage the sales portions of your job.
- Using sales letters and telemarketing to increase your sales effectiveness.
- Building your network through internet connections and social media.
Can Madison Avenue Ever Find True Happiness With Your Workforce Board?
- Advantages and disadvantages of advertising.
- What role should advertising play in your marketing plan?
- How to measure the effectiveness of your advertising.
- Comparing advertising media: Newspaper, Periodical, TV, Radio, Direct Mail, Outdoor, Specialty, Yellow Pages, Other.
- Making best use of internet marketing and social media.
Develop a Complete Promotional Program for Your Workforce Board
- Preparing promotional objectives.
- Promotional calendar: Don’t leave home without one.
- How to use all the elements of promotion: Public Relations, Publicity, Special Promotions and Events, Public Service Announcements, Co-ops.
- Integrating social media into your promotional plans.
How to Evaluate Your Marketing Efforts
- Steps to creating your own database.
- You don’t need big computers to measure your success.
- The never-ending battle between Control and Test.
- Techniques for tracking and measuring results.
- Front-end vs. Back-end analysis: You can pay me now … or pay me later.
Where’s the Beef in Your Advertising?
- Just because it’s pretty doesn’t mean it sells!
- How to sharpen your creative skills: idea, concept, theme, copy platform, art, layout, format.
- Samples of Workforce Agency marketing.
- Create a promotional Calendar and one advertisement or brochure for your Workforce Board