“Workforce 101” provides an introduction to workforce development and addresses the fundamentals of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. In addition to learning about the history and policy initiatives that shape today’s workforce system, participants will gain an understanding of the key principles of WIOA, system roles and responsibilities, the One-Stop environment, service delivery strategy, customer eligibility and performance accountability.
When you attend this session you’ll learn more about:
- A brief history of the nation’s workforce development programs and how this has influenced the current system.
- Public workforce development policy and initiatives that shape today’s service delivery system.
- The basic statutory structure of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Roles and responsibilities at various levels of the system.
- Fundamentals of funding.
- The critical role of Workforce Boards.
- Sharing functions and responsibilities – the advantages of One-Stop partnering to provide coordinated services.
- Services for Adults Dislocated Workers and Youth.
- Customer eligibility and suitability.
- Engaging and satisfying your One-Stop customers – both businesses and job seekers.
- Performance measures – a key driver of the system.